Summer Date Ideas!
Summer for my family mostly means chaos. Most families spend the summer at their cottage enjoying the lake and sunshine. Not mine. My husband goes into full out work mode and we don't see him much. So I have come up with some date ideas for not only him and I but the whole family so that what little time we do get to spend together is enjoyed! Here are some of my favorite date ideas for the summer!
1) Pizza and a movie in the backyard - I have always wanted to do this! Set up a projector and play your favorite movie while enjoying the summer weather outside!
2) Stargazing - I did this all the time as a kid and can't wait to take advantage of the Muskoka summer nights when my kids are a little bit older. This is one of the best things about Muskoka - not having all the light pollution that the city has. You are able to lay back and watch the shooting stars go past.
3) Campfire Night - Just hanging with the family, or your spouse after the little ones are in bed, by the fire is the most relaxing date night you can have. Why not cook up some smores while your out there - chocolate is an aphrodisiac ;)
4) After dinner ice cream date - why not take the kids and hubby and go for an ice cream date after dinner. Kyle and I are huge fans of Kawartha Dairy and I would probably eat their ice cream everyday.
5) Watch the Sunset - This I would prefer to do alone with the hubs. For those Muskokians reading this, head up to Lions Lookout or the Dorset Waterpower and check out the amazing sunset. For those other readers - find your local sunset spot and enjoy the show!
6) Food Truck Hunt - As many of you know, I LOVE food. So why not spend a day in your own community or in a new one trying out the food trucks they have to offer!
7) Baseball Game - Go Jays Go!!! - I would love to head down to the city and watch a Blue Jays game. Just me and the hubs for this one! I'd probably stay the night and make it a little midsummer getaway!
8) Go for a boat ride or fishing - Last but not least. Why not take the family out on the boat and explore the lake. While your out there go for a little fish. It is so fun to see the kids faces when they catch their first fish!