Two Serving Chicken Parmesan Casserole
Kyle and I love Chicken Parmesan but I wanted to try to make it into a freezer meal that I could make for when baby arrives. So why not turn it into a casserole. I made the casserole in a 4x6 casserole dish and it turned out to be just enough for the two of us. We did not have a side with it but if you were to add a side dish you could probably get some leftovers for the next day.
▪ 2 chicken breast cubed and fully-cooked
▪ 1/2 jar of marinara sauce
▪ 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
▪ 1 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
▪ 1/2 cup bread crumbs
▪ 1 tablespoons olive oil
▪ fresh, chopped herbs (parsley, basil, oregano, etc), to taste
▪ salt and pepper, to taste
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Grease a 4x6 casserole dish with cooking spray.
3) Layer the chicken in the bottom. Dump in the marinara sauce and mix with the chicken. Next, top with cheeses until all the chicken is covered.
4) In a small bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, olive oil, fresh herbs and a dash of salt and pepper together.
5) Sprinkle the seasoned breadcrumbs on top.
6) Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until golden on top and bubbling on the sides.